Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Tag Book: Images from Romania and Vienna

I always come back from a trip with hundreds of photos and bits and pieces of ephemera that I have gathered during the journey. The photos are filed on Picasa ( great photo manager). And the bits and pieces sit on the shelf for years. This trip's images finally found a creative home. I took an evening class from the Stamp Art Shoppe in Roseville, CA on making Tag Books.
It was the perfect small, yet lovely way to show off my photos and odd gatherings. I printed some of my photos on vellum and have manipulated them on Photoshop Elements. The tags have been colored using Distressed Inks and various rubber stamps. Some of my gatherings from the trip included old post cards and stamps from an antique dealer and some wonderful yarns and strings from a yarn shop in Vienna. Everything gets cut and pasted on the tags.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: