Saturday, September 09, 2006

Cartoon format, thanks Danny Gregory



One of my all time favorite web sites is: www.dannygregory.com. He has inspired my return to serious drawing and journaling in so many ways. Just recently I noticed his use of the comic book format and realized it would work well for the newletter I write for my husband's non-profit organization, Wheelchair Sports International. On further thought I saw the potential for other uses. I immediately did a thank you note for a friend that I had just visited in Santa Cruz. I had taken some digital photos while I was there. I used those pictures and worked in Photoshop Elements and Printmaster, a desktop publishing program that I really like. I was able to fairly quickly put the photos in a comic book format and I was very happy with the results. Above are some clips I pasted in my journal from Danny Gregory's web site and then the thank you that Iwrote to my friend.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: