Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Individual Tags from the Tag Book

The first tag is a rainy Romanian street. I love the car headlights reflected on the rainy street. Because we traveled with a team from our church I had the added advantage of receiving all their photos, also. It ended up being over 3,000 pictures! I used Photoshop Elements to change the photo image, and there is part of a flyer I picked up at a museum we visited. The choices I use in Photoshop are in the "filter" section of the toolbar. From the "filter" I choose "artistic" and then use "cutout" and "poster edges". The image resembles a woodcut in a way. The second tag is a photo of a very old church down the street from where we stayed in Hateg, Romania. The background uses Distressed Inks with a rubber stamp on the background. In addition to the photo are the postage stamps and part of the post card that I brought back from the trip. The third tag has a stamp, part of a brochure, some small pictures from a map, and a stamp from a museum. On top is a photo I took in Arad, Romania. The Orthodox catherdral is being built in Arad and is nearing completion. The weekend we were there the four gold crosses, one about 10 feet tall, and three 6-7 feet tall were leaning against the staircase awaiting the crane to position them on the steeples of the church. I was so excited to have a chance to photograph the crosses still resting on the ground before being lifted into place. You can see the three gold crosses if you look for them.
The phot manager I mentioned in the last post "Picasa" can be downloaded for free at www.picasa.com. It is a terrific photo organizer. The store in Roseville where I took the class is: www.stampartshoppe.com. It is a wonderful store, great classes, and the store owner, Sandy, is terrific.

 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

kate said...

!!!Love this!!!!! Good job- can't wait to show Keturah!!!

Lovely work!