Saturday, September 09, 2006

So many options...

On my trip to LA and San Diego, and then later in the week to Palo Alto and Stanford campus I had so many opportunities for drawing and journaling. The first pages are from SD and LA. My son's dog I haven't quite captured his real likeness. I am going to keep trying. Then on the other side of the page is a photo of my great nephew, Liam, at a very colorful indoor playground. I am still a little intimidated to draw children. The lower journal pages
are the drawings I did in the Cantor Art Museum at Stanford and the Memorial Chapel. I have been reading a book by Peter Steinhart, The Undressed Art: Why We Draw . It has some wonderful insights on drawing. Such as: "Drawing is a way of communicating with the world, of listening to what the world has to say and answering back."
"The visual mind can only partly be understood in words." I am understanding the urge to draw in a entirely new way. It is facsinating. Posted by Picasa

No comments: