Saturday, July 20, 2013

Psalm 89 Between the Narrative and the Psalm




From: http://www.ekklesiaproject.org/blog/2012/07/between-the-narrative-and-the-psalm/
Jim Mcoy

Power      Personality    Providence

"Walter Brueggemann reads the narrative through the lens of power and personality and providence. At the center of this entire narrative, he says, is “an intruding agent who can transform.” Very present amid all the “seething brutality” is “the insistent power of Yahweh, who “creates and destroys.”  Sometimes the hidden, sometimes through “nameable historical agents,” this active transformative providence is at work. God “sends” Nathan to puncture David’s self deception and callous numbness."




You said, “I have made a covenant 
with my chosen one,

    I have sworn to David my servant,

‘I will establish your line forever
 and make your throne firm 
through all generations.

No comments: