Monday, July 14, 2008

Psalm 4 - Rhyming Wreath

Calling, searching for your answer, crying out,
Crying out, listening for your response to my doubts.
My doubts assail me; anxious thoughts surround.
Surrounded by your mercy I stand on holy ground.
Holy ground has been forsaken for self and hollow illusions.
Men's illusions are fleeting , leading to foolish conclusions.
My conclusion is firm, in Christ I am my Father's beloved lamb.
This lamb's cry lovingly accepted by the glorious I AM.
I am silent before my Father as I search my darkened heart.
My heart is calmed by the assurance He imparts.
His imparted word, the radiance of His countenance melts my soul.
My soul rejoices; comfort and hope overflow.
The overflow of a full harvest, plentiful ripened fruit,
The fruit of rest and peace, secure in Godly pursuit.
Pursuing my beloved Father, my shelter and sanctuary.
Safe sanctuary from frightening adversaries.
Eternally defeated adversary, Abba has heard my call.
My call, heard and answered by Abba Father, no matter how feeble or small.
My cry, my call.

No comments: