Saturday, July 12, 2008

Psalm 3 - Gustav Klimt Inspiration



Psalm 3 - Gustav Klimt Inspiration
Ah, Sweet Jesus, my foes abound.
"God will not save!" their voices resound.
You are a defence about me.
My eyes look up; I bend my knees.
My cries of fear ascend;
From holy heaven you will attend.
Night comes giving way to rest.
The LORD sustains and I am blessed.
Enemies surround me round about;
I will not cower. I will not doubt.
come forth, O LORD, and rescue me.
My expectations await on thee.
My foes are struck down. God's victories surround.
Deliverance is God provided.
By His hand I am guided.

Ps. 3 New International Version
A psalm of David. When he fled from his son Absalom.
O Lord, how many are my foes!
How many rise up against me!
Many are saying of me,
“God will not deliver him.”
Selah

But you are a shield around me, O Lord;
you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.
To the Lord I cry aloud,
and he answers me from his holy hill.
Selah

I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
I will not fear the tens of thousands
drawn up against me on every side.

Arise, O Lord!
Deliver me, O my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
break the teeth of the wicked.

From the Lord comes deliverance.
May your blessing be on your people.

No comments: