Friday, November 10, 2006

The page is never finished

I posted this first page the other day but was not very satisfied with it visually. I went back to it yesterday and colored in the letter blocks and it became so much more appealing. It continues to reinforce two lessons that are important. The first is that any drawing that I do adds something to the page that is much more interesting than just design, or letters, or rubber stamps. The other lesson that continues to reoccur over and over is not to become discouraged with a page I have created because a design never has to be finished. If it doesn't look quite right come back to it, over and over if necessary, because it usually can be redeemed. That has definite application to my daily life. It is the story of process and journey not the destination or the finished product. I know I am a work in constant process. Sometimes the pages of my life are incredibly messy and ugly, but God is in the process of redeeming it and making it a design of beauty. He is the Creator and my days are just the pages in the process of His creation. I included the beginning of the next page and thought it would be interesting to watch the process as it evolves with color and words.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: