Sunday, November 05, 2006

Classes by Tim Holtz 2

Another project this weekend at the Stamp Art Shoppe was "Fireless Raku". The same clay used for the "clay fragments" was used for the Raku. We took the clay and pressed it into a mold. When it is removed from the mold it is baked in a little appliance called a melting pot. After baking it is then painted with "Perfect Pearls" interference colors and they come out looking like Raku pottery. The second picture looks like a typical rubber stamp image but we learned how to make our own customized ink pad to give they varied colors on the rubberstamp and be able to make multiple printings from the ink pad for that particular rubber stamp. It was very interesting but I was not completely satisfied with my color choices and I am not an avid rubber stamper. I don't know that I would use this technique. The third photo is a rubber stamp of the same Christmas image stamped in black but then going back into it with colored "distressed inks". Then it was placed in the "Memory Glass" frames amd some charms were attached. It has real potential for personalized Christmas ornaments with photos in the frame. It was a great creative weekend. I am not sure what I will do with all the ideas, but I enjoyed getting to learn some new techniques and now I get a chance to think about how to incorporate them into my own work.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: