Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Repitition Poem - What have you done?

Based on Jeremiah 3:1-10
What have you done faithless Israel?
What have you done unfaithful Judah?
You have left me.
You have not returned.
You have defiled the land.
You have lived as a prostitute.
You have been ravished.
You have sat by the roadside waiting for lovers.
You have sat like a nomad in the desert.
You have the brazen look of a prostitute.
You have refused to blush with shame.
You have called me Father.
Yet you have wrath.
You have anger.
You have gone up on every high hill.
What have you done?
I have taken to entertaining myself with guilty pleasures.
I have run after other gods.
I have forsaken the will of God.
I have defiled the holy temple.
I have lived with rebellion.
I have chosen contamination.
I have sat in a cold and dreary desert.
What have you done?
What have I done?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: